We’re looking for compassionate Disability Support Workers in the Queanbeyan area now!
To be considered for the role you will need the following:
- Minimum 12 months experience in disability support work
- Certificate IV in Disability Support or Individual Support or In Home and Community Care
- Current Australian Driving License, a reliable registered car & comprehensive car insurance
- Current Level 1 First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Registration
- Experience with Manual Handling – this role will require you to assist a quadriplegic person physically (involving lifting and moving)
- Sociable, compassionate and an ability to connect with others
- A genuine passion for the well-being and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Caring and patient, with a "Here to Help" mindset and clear communication skills
This role would suit any who have a desire to provide great customer care while having clear opportunities for continued and supported career progression working for one of Australia’s most trusted brands.
The following would be highly beneficial:
- Familiarity/an understanding of the NDIS
- Experience and/or formal training in Hoist, Administering Medication and Bowel Care
- Knowledge on spinal injuries and autonomic dysreflexia
- Completion of COVID-Safe Training Module
- Completion of NDIS Worker Orientation Module
We have opportunities for experienced Disability Support Workers (DSW) to join our Disability Services team.
This would be providing a range of support and services to our valued customers including personal care, social support, domestic assistance through to transport, to support the in their day to day living and assist them in exercising choice and control. Identify and assess clients’ needs and go above and beyond to provide the best level of service.
Work is available on a permanent part-time and casual basis, Monday through to Friday, with opportunities to do overnight and weekend work for some clients.
What’s on Offer
- Meaningful work where you will directly impact the life of others
- Regular shifts with opportunity for additional hours
- You're paid for travel time and kilometres
- Industry training and development – be mentored and gain further qualifications
- Working within a great team and supportive environment
- Working for a well established National business
We have several positions available across the Southern Highlands and ACT – if Queanbeyan is not the best location for you, please get in touch so we can help find you something closer to your preferred location.
Job Family: Field Recruitment
Department: Chief Operating Officer Department
Category: Field Recruitment